2008年11月5日 星期三

Bring reading and writing together

1.Bringing Reading and Writing Together
(Source from: http://cehd.umn.edu/CAREI/Reports/Rpractice/Winter95/readwrite.html)
The article talked about how to bring reading and writing together. The teacher asked the students choose their favorite books to read. After reading the book, they have to give some comments. That is what “book reviews” means.
“Students were reading books of their choosing. They enjoyed the books, talked about their reading, and recommended books to one another. Why not undertake a project that encouraged them to write about their books? As I worked on the project, I prepared very detailed models and directions to assist students in successfully completing it.”
According to the above, we can find out that the teacher may give some detailed models and directions to assist student in writing. I think that the function of writing directions correspond to learning sheet. The question on the learning sheet approach the directions what the teacher offered, because the functions are liked the scaffold of the building. Those methods are the guide and support for reader to learn how to write.

2.Instructional scaffolding
(Source from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instructional_scaffolding)
Why I need to talk about this theory?
When we discuss the issue of teaching reading and writing, the theory is quite important. It is a teaching way about helping learner learn a skill or receive a concept. The reading learning sheet is a material to help writing, because we may be raised more idea by answer the question. Besides, we can make sure whether the readers catch the main point of the book or not by writing the reading learning sheet. The process of training reading and writing is liked the scaffold of the building. The scaffold can help construct the building, and the leaning sheet also plays the same role on reading and writing.

2 則留言:

Dimitri HSU 提到...

I like this one^^ Teachers not only give out the handouts which students ought to fill in with their thoughts but also give time to students to share what they write down. The power structure in the class is thus changed because of it. And the mutual interaction is transformed to a multilateral one by which all the students participating in get profits and improvement.

Beverly 提到...

I really hope that if I were a student in junior high or senior high, I can accept this kind of education. And mutual interaction is much like my position paper, through discussing, students can know what they reading.