2008年12月25日 星期四

The second teacher-student conference

From this conference, I get my midterm essay. I find many problems from the composition. First, I have to use the correct word to express my ideas. That is to say, I have to avoid thinking as a Chinese way, and trying to think as a foreigner. It is quite hard for me because I need to increase my reading quality and quantity. Second, I have to paragraph my article appropriate and to avoid long sentence. Third is to write in a formal way. For example, the words “talk” and “tell” are informal, I should to remember this.

1 則留言:

M.Y. 提到...

Don't jump to the conclusion until you make your points accurate and clear.

1. Does write and think in Chinese also help you organize your thought?

2. EFL students sometimes feel confused about how to use the following words: SAY, TELL, TALK, SPEAK.

3. "Talk" is the more usual word to refer to conversational exchanges and informal. communication.